Monday, April 14

Alaska and Jake: Alaska Returns




You look amazing! 

Yeah, seeing my family did me a lot of good. I miss them already.

How's your dad doing?

He's slowly improving. It's going to take some time though. God, I hadn't expected to be gone for so long. Lucky for me, all my profs accepted the work and exams turned in online. So this whole semester wasn't a bust. 



So...um....what's the plan?

What plan?

I mean, are you going back to Anchorage or are you staying here?

For the summer?

For whenever.



Baby, what is going on with you? I thought you would just be super excited and happy I'm here. 

But, I don't know what your future plans are...I mean.....

Jake, just get it out. 


Baby, don't cry, what is it?

Are we still...you know....are we still "us"?

Oh, Jake, baby, baby, don't cry, don't cry. We're still us. We're still us. 

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so.....I just... I didn't know what to expect... I know it's supposed to be about your dad...and I'm being selfish....but.....


Shh, my dad is going to be okay. You're not being selfish. I should have known, baby. This is all so scary and dangerous to you. We're good. We're okay. Okay? 

Okay...I just...I ....I don't know what to do without you. 

Let's order some takeout, watch a movie, and then I'll show you how together we are....



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see Alaska is back. The new faceup makes her eyes look huge!

    Love the last photo of her little foot and his enormous boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's good to have her back.

      Delete